God has said...

Monday, September 06, 2004

POEM: Nothing's Different But Everything's Changed

You hear of all these stories about miraculous conversions:
People who used to kill and steal; crippled with perversion.
Then suddenly in a flash of light a life that once was hopeless
Becomes completely overnight a model Christian witness!

Now when you read these tales it’s all too easy to decide
That you don’t need a new beginning – you lead a happy, successful life.
But if you don’t know Jesus, although you may think you’re winning,
All the happiness you’ve ever had is only the beginning!

Before I was a Christian I too led a contented life.
There was no rebellion, no loneliness, depression, hate or strife.
I got involved with loads of stuff; I was doing well at school
And as far as I knew, in my life, everything was cool!

Nowadays, I’m still me: busy life, school as before.
At a glance I may seem the same, but I’m different in my core.
Since I became a Christian my life has not been rearranged
But there’s a new light within me. Nothing’s different but everything’s changed!

There was no one day that I can say I gave my life to Jesus –
No sudden alteration when I realised He loves us.
For me it was a gradual thing that happened over years
So I’ve got no moving story of a day of prayer and tears.

But just because for some of us, the story’s not so exciting
Doesn’t make it any less important – this faith of which I’m writing.
For everyone who comes to Christ – no matter how it came about –
Should be a massive celebration - another thing to praise God about!

For my part, though, this Jesus guy whom I've only recently found
Has quickly become the one focus that I base my life around.
All my plans and aspirations for His shall be exchanged
‘Cause He’s the one I trust now. Nothing’s different - but everything’s changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home