God has said...

Sunday, September 12, 2004

SONG: I Give It All To You Lord


“…One night I was lying in bed trying to pray to the Lord. But however hard I focused my mind, whenever I began to pray, something would pop into my head that I really needed to do or remember the next day. The list of ‘urgent tasks’ seemed endless, and I soon got frustrated by the constant interruptions. Then I remembered something I had read earlier that week: ‘surrender all your cares to God and He will carry the burden for you.’ I had no idea how one should go about surrendering something to God, but I could certainly try. In my mind, I stopped trying to remember all these things for tomorrow, but instead, I lifted them up to God, trusting Him to remember them for me. I could not believe the difference it made – before, I had felt frantic and stressed – weighed down by the pressures and cares of my overfull life – but now I felt completely calm and peaceful, and I was at last able to pray without interruption. Overwhelmed and inspired I turned on the light and wrote this song for God…”


I Give It All to You, Lord

Got all these worries in my heart, Lord –
So many problems that I can’t let go.
Six million things I should be doing each day, God
And there’s so much that I’m supposed to know.

And as I pray they all come crowding in on me.
I realise I’ve had enough.
To sort out each of these things on my own Lord -
Well that is just too tough!

Chorus:
So all my worries, all my cares,
I lift them all to You, Lord.
All my anxiety and fear,
I surrender it to You, Lord.
All my problems, everything
I know I should remember,
I give it all to You, Lord
I give it all to You, Lord.

And as I lie in silent prayer a weight is lifted from me.
The burden that I had to bear no longer shall disturb me.
Why didn’t I do this earlier?! The peace in my heart astounds me!
The worries and thoughts that had kept me from prayer are a distant memory!

Repeat Chorus

We’re God Squadders, Bible Bashers, Church Goers and more
We’re Jesus Freaks, Religious Geeks – they give us names galore!
But however you may label me I couldn’t give a sod!
I know the real name for me: I’m a child of God!


Repeat Chorus

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sod?
nod
pod
rod

9:57 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home