God has said...

Monday, February 21, 2005

A prayer

Lately, Lord, I've realised
That I've been running empty.
I've thought too highly of myself;
Been paralysed by plenty.

This selfish, egocentric life
Is not what you require of me.
It’s only when I lose myself
That I can be completely free.

Broken, I turn back to you
And beg you to forgive me Lord.
But I know your grace has given me
The gift I never could afford.

So once again I come to you,
I lay my life before thee.
No more barriers anymore.
I surrender myself completely.

My life is fully in your hands.
I’ll go where you would send me.
I do not have to understand,
‘cause I know you’d never hurt me.

A better life calls out to me,
I long for it with all my heart.
Surrender is the key, I know,
But give me the strength to play my part.

Lord give me wisdom, give me faith,
And a passion for your name.
So deeply you have loved us all.
Teach me, Lord, to do the same.

Oh Holy Spirit come to me.
Fill me with your flame.
I will be afraid no more
For there’s authority in Jesus’ name.

Your beauty overwhelms me Lord,
Your power, yet your tranquillity.
You're higher than the highest star;
You're larger than infinity.

I long so dearly for that place
Where I’ll look upon your holy face.
Until that day I’ll wait and pray
And do my best to live your way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home