God has said...

Sunday, September 18, 2005

POEM: 'School Rules'

This is just something I wrote for a bit of fun after I read something about them banning praying in American schools...

There once was a boy named Ted McDool
In the middle of his lunch-break at school.

Faced with the hassle and stress of the day
He bowed his head and began to pray.

In quietly whispered words of love
He shared his thoughts with the Maker above.

His teacher cast a disapproving glare
But Ted was oblivious to her haughty stare.

So she bustled over in an indignant rush
And told young Ted he’d have to hush!

“It’s not allowed in this school my dear,
To pray so other kids might hear.

Their parents would give us a lot of grief
If we somehow managed to change their beliefs!

We’ve got to be politically correct,
So it’s important that these rules are kept.”

“I’m sorry, Miss, I wasn’t aware!”
Said Ted, with a somewhat bemused air.
…“but I really must finish my prayer.”

The teacher looked him up and down
And stated coldly, with an angry frown,

“As I explained, it’s simply not allowed
To pray, as you were doing, out loud.”

Ted smiled as he had an idea.
“But what if they don’t understand what they hear?”

“Well I suppose we could find no objection to that,
But you you’ve learned no other languages – I know for a fact.”

With that she began to straighten her bun,
Feeling satisfied that victory was won.

But quietly and calmly the boy pointed out
That knowledge was not what this was about.

And after pausing briefly to fill his lungs,
He promptly continued his praying – in tongues!



The moral of this story is:
There’s a reason God gives you spiritual gifts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home